Friday, November 12, 2010

it's a secret

now don't go telling stefani what i did to her blog.  well, really, she wanted it this way.  in fact, we've had many discussions on what she wanted her blog to look like.  in fact, if i recall correctly, if i had made the blog to her specifications (read: what you are looking at now, with the clothesline pictures, the plain and simple layout, and none of that stuff that you don't care about) that she would actively contribute to it.

we'll have to wait and see.

as for what's going on...hammer got a new bed!  i haven't taken pictures of it since we had to change the mattresses around, nor have we got the cool lights put up for the area below the bed.  i don't want to spoil the surprise, but it is awesome.  i'm hoping that tomorrow we can have all of the bed's flair completed, and then we can share it with you.  but, needless to say, our expert ikea-making skills did help out.

we got rid of hammer's crib and dresser.  you know, the first one we ever had.  it was cute.  stefani wanted to take a picture of it before i disassembled it and got it ready for one of our friends to pick up, but they had beat us home, and time was of the essence.  so, she didn't get one last picture of the bed hammer used to take naps on and kenzi learned to crawl up onto.  but here's one from the archives.  in fact, this was taken in a time and place we no longer reside: kid-free and in colorado.

figure 1. me building crib


so don't tell stefani i MAXED OUT CUTE on her blog now.  and, sooner or later, i'll post some more man-stuff.  but, i have to set the tone of the blog, you know, all cutesy and cuddly.  because, once i hit publish, i'm going to fight for my share of the blankets from my cuties and cuddlies.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Roy. Nice looking blog. I like your strategy to get your wife to post. My wife and I have had similar discussions about making it easier (and more fun) to blog, but I haven't taken action yet. Perhaps this winter I'll make some time.

    Will you be documenting your plane-building adventure here as well?

    Jens
    jensandeelinh.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAH! First, I need a plane. But, I think anything family-related will definitely appear. But, as I said, expect some more man stuff as well. We're not all cutesy and cuddly all the time. You have to get your hands dirty.

    ReplyDelete